Monday 13 April 2009

We love Same Difference so 'Stop gobbing off'


Site: http://forum.samedifferenceworld.com/
Joined: 10th April 2009
Members: 764 (including newest member (Marmalord)
Threads: 1696
Posts: 31179
Av. responses per thread: 17.4
Most users on line at once: 95

If I had to bet on which of the five forums I have joined so far would be first to make it to the graveyard - Same Difference would be my odds on favourite.

This is clearly a forum with issues, last month a few stalwart members (the likes of same_difference_rock, IloveSean & Sean'sNo1girl) tried to gee'up the activity levels.
On 22nd March JordanC14 bravely put on her caps lock and fired this warning shot across the forum bow:
"IS A BIT OF A GHOST TOWN. ATM HARDLY ANY1 IS ON AND SADLY SARAH AND SEAN HAVEN'T BEEN ON FOR AGES, LETS TRY AND SPEED IT UP A BIT!!!!! (smiley face insertion)

And just five days ago SeansNo1Girl shared some alarming news.
(the following is an extract from her post on the 5th April:

"Mods (Moderators) today have been notified that the company that runs the Same Difference Forum are no longer managing it.
There is now no pre approval of memberships and no-one for the mods to go to for approval of things of importance. Therefore we may encounter some rogue members who just want to create havoc".

New Thread: Found Same Difference, now everything is differentby Marmalord on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Hello I am The Marmalord (Ruler of Marmaland).
I am new to the forum, and also a new admirer of the Same Difference.

A good friend Marusan Mu Chicki Chicki is a avid fan, he has often spoken of them - but brought them fully into my life this week by sending me a link to some of their music on the YouTube.

I think I am still reeling a little from the impact they have made on me (finding it hard to get the music out of my head, or to eat).

They are a very talented couple, great singers, great dancers and clearly very much in love (Sean is one lucky guy, I certainly think that Sarah is a real fox!).

Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh!
Marmalord
------------------------------------------
Saturday morning, and I find last nights post has been removed.........

New Thread: How rude are you lot?
by
Marmalord on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:20 am

I joined this forum yesterday.
I was very excited, and looked forward to meeting like-minded people.
To introduce myself, I posted a nice message sharing just how much of an impact the Same Difference have had on my life since I discovered them last week.
And then today I find that my post has been deleted, how rude!
I would like to know who deleted my message and why?

I see nearly all the posts here are left by a select handful of 'members' so I have to assume that you are some sort of elitist camarilla, a snobbish coterie or a closed clique?

If this is the way you treat new members it is little wonder you are struggle to grow your numbers - I am not in the least surprised to read that Sean and his lovely wife Sarah haven't visited your forum for a while.

Response:
Jammy (239 posts - 1.3 posts per day)
"Next time get the facts before you start gobbing off. There are actually alot of members on this forum not just an "elite group", but lately there has been no SD news, but if you were on here a few months back when the album/single were about to be released it was buzzing. So don't bother gobbing after one day on the forum because you're just gonna bring the forum down. + saying things about 'his lovley wife' is just gonna spark arguments off".

Barry123 (2589 posts - 11.5 posts per day)
"Please let us know how Same Difference have changed your life".

SeansNo1Girl (224 posts - 0.9 posts per day)
"I am going to lock off this topic to avoid antagonising members further".
IloveSean (2597 - 8.9 posts per day)
"I deleted the post because what you wrote was offensive and trying to provoke arguments".

No comments:

Post a Comment