Monday 13 April 2009

Short sell lemon curd, and invest long in marmalade!


Joined: 9.21pm April 6th 2009
Members: 4188 (including newest member - Marmalord)
Total topics: 611
Total posts:744
Av. responses per thread: 0.2

I wandered into the Hedge Fund Lounge for the first time at 9.29pm, and was greeted by the following question in a poll:


How long should we give the global economic stimulus plans to take effect?

Options: 2010,2011, by the end of this year or 'its going to take a long time before output goes back to normal'.
Obviously I went with the last option, and was delighted to find that I had joined the majority of 36%. That's it then, I am officially now a Hedge Fund Manager.
But you wont find 'us' Hedge Fund Managers hanging out in chat rooms, it would appear we have discussion forums and they are broken into four zones: Legal & Compliance, Hedge Fund Investors, Hedge Fund Managers & Hedge Fund Newbies.

Very few threads have any responses at all, so I am not optimistic but I decided to post the following:

New Thread: Start up fund seeks partners with a taste for marmalade.
Hello,

I am the Marmalord ruler of Marmaland, with the financial backing of my friend and associate Marusan Mu Chicki Chicki I am in the very early stages of launching our fund.

Marusan has a great deal of FMCG experience, and our plan is to capitalise on his knowledge and use marmalade as our commodity.

We will be hedging with investments in inferior breakfast spreads, and I have total confidence that even in these 'interesting financial times' we will 'clean up' short selling vile Lemon Curd, and investing long in traditional thick cut Seville marmalade.

We need two partners, one to invest $10 million - the second to meet us in a pub and very quickly explain the whole 'ins and outs' of these hedge funds (there's a pint or two in it for you).

Any advice that anyone can offer on this thread will be much appreciated, alternatively email me at marmalord@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------

It is an hour since I joined the Hedge Fund Lounge, unsurprisingly I have had no immediate response.

No comments:

Post a Comment