Monday 13 April 2009

Anyone fancy a bit of multibash action?


Joined: 11th April 2009
Members: 141 (including newest member Marmalord)
Threads:Bold 3206
Posts: 17077
Av. response per thread: 4.3
Most users on line ever: 12

It's Saturday night, and I have just joined the Mediaeval Combat Society forum (I know I need to get out more) but these good people are dedicated to re-enacting the 14th Century.
They also have some serious weapons - so I had better not mess with them.
Instead - lets see if group Leader Graham and his friends want to come out and play..........
7.21pm Saturday 11th April 2009 posted by Marmalord.
Hello I am the Marmalord (Ruler of Marmaland).
I am here to make a very special and open offer for you all to be part of our unique battle re-enactment.As you will no doubt know, the mediaeval battle fought between the people of Marmaland and the evil Lemon curds has not yet been accurately re-enacted.
This Spring Bank Holiday, in a park in Caterham that changes.
White Knobs Park, 2pm, bring your weapons and wear your costumes.
(Tea & biscuits will be provided).
Date- Monday 25th May 2009.
Venue- White Knobs Park Caterham Valley Surrey
Response:
Graham Feild (Earl)
"Nice one, you gave me a little chuckle there, I think our maces will be quite effective against the evil lemon curds! Marmaland forever"!_________________The Medieval Combat Society http://www.themcs.org/

William Montacute (Baron)
"I also run one of the portal sites for reenactment globally and am generally kept informed of any events that are happening but I have not heard of your event so far this year. I know Caterham quite well but have not heard of the park that you mention. If you want your event publicised to the several hundred thousand people across the UK interested in such events please feel free to contact. Certainly either the society site or the events site generate more than 250,000 page hits per month each, and from a global audience, so it might generate some interest for you"?

William Montacute (Baron)
"It certainly sounds like the sort of off-beat oddity that may well appeal to many of the people we know who like to take part in such fun and, of course, non historical events".

Wendymj (Baron)
"Welcome, I'm afraid I have a strong aversion to Lemon Curd following an unfortunate childhood incident. Should you plan a future event involving, say, a nice strawberry conserve it might be a little more tempting. I do wish you luck though and hope you find some willing participants".

Marmalord (Serf)
"Thanks for the responses A strong aversion to lemon curd is exactly what I look for when recruiting for my marmalade army! I agree that there is a place for an egg at the breakfast table, but as long as there is blood running through my veins I will never accept it as a lemon spread ingredient".

William Montacute (Baron)
"So Marmalord, Out of sword, hand and a half sword, two handed sword, mace, axe, glave, bardiche, flail, ball on a chain, quarter staff, archery, pole axe, bill hook and morning star which do you think most effective against Lemon Curd"?

Marmalord (Serf)
"Weaponary appears to be your area David - and to be honest you are gonna have to explain the difference between a Bardiche and a pole axe for me. But I guess, I would go with the morning star + ball on a chain combo. (that is of course if the Marma-Blade was not available to me)".

No comments:

Post a Comment